Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Daybreak at Ahu Tongariki


Hi! Today I want to show you a photograph that to me is very special and reminds me a lot of different moments from the summer 2009. This is a pic that I took of Ahu Tongariki in Easter Island at daybreak. I like it because between clouds you can see some sun beams and the presence of Moais in front of the scene is very impressive. Although I think that this picture can’t reflect the beautiful colors and all the feelings that I had when I was there.
This photograph was the result of a very long night, that actually start the day before when with my friends rented a car to go all over the island. In the evening we decided to see the daybreak at Ahu Tongariki, so we must wake up at 4 am to drive to that area of the island. The trip was so funny… the driver was frightened because was very very dark, we couldn’t see anything around us, only that the car lights illuminated. And we start to talk about “Solitario y Crazy Joe”, a name that we give an imaginary person that supposedly was stopped our car. All this story start when we said to some native friends that we want to go to that Ahu and they warned us to be careful if any people want a ride.
When we finally found the place the daybreak was close, so we were very excited. We waited for an hour, by this time was less dark and we realized that was very cloudy, but we still have hope that the sky was going to clear.
As you can see in the photograph, that never happened… but I have beautiful memories from this day.

4 comments:

  1. You traveled to Easter Island! I love it! The landscapes from Chile are very beautiful.
    Well, see you soon :) Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing picture, it was worth to wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha Solitary and crazy Joe!!! I had forgotten!! This moment was very special.

    Greetings from the Desert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also saw the sunrise in the Ahu Tonkariki. But I saw the New Year's Day! was clear!

    is really neat!

    kisses

    ReplyDelete